Links & Information to all things Czech
Here you can find websites, tools, information, links, DNA, etc. Some sites are fee-based and indicated
with $. However, most offer a Free trial and will periodically offer discount subscriptions.
artists, religion, settlement of counties and other items where Czechs in Nebraska have created/been
part of history. Compiled by Rose Rosický, Omaha 1929RootsTech 2023
- Virtual & On-site Genealogy Conference - Attend online for FREE - March 2-4, 2023
You can still watch the 180+ free new on-demand classes and webinars that were recorded.Restoring America's Cemeteries
- Learn about preservation methods - Saving Ancestral Markers
Nebraska Czechs / Chapters
* Nebraska has the highest percentage of residents of Czech ancestry in the United States @ 5.5 percent *
Not all chapters maintain active websites however, links are provided for those that do have websites
and/or Facebook pages.
Fascinating Czech Republic Videos in 4K Ultra High Definition...these are new within the last day or so!
Note: Nebraska Czechs of Lincoln may make third party content or services available on or through our website service as a convenience to our users (ie; links to third party websites/social media). We do not control nor do we endorse any third-party materials or services nor are we responsible for reviewing the accuracy of any third-party materials.
Lastly, we do not use or keep cookies....we eat them.
Nebraska Czechs of Lincoln | 2023
Omaha Czech/Slovak Cultural Club Festival MAY
Annual Czech Festival - Lincoln Nebraska - Nebraska Czechs of Lincoln
South Central Czech Festival - Hastings, Nebraska - South Central Nebraska
Milligan June Jamboree - Milligan, Nebraska-
Clarkson Czech Festival - Clarkson, Nebraska
Dwight Czech Festival - Dwight, Nebraska
Wilber Czech Festival - Wilber, Nebraska
Czech Heritage Day (Beer Barrel Days) - Prague, Nebraska
St Wenceslaus Brewfest - Milligan, Nebraska
Annual Czechfest of York - York, Nebraska* For updated information for the above local festivals, please visit: Nebraska Czechs Inc.
- West, Texas ....September/Labor Day weekend Masopust
- Protivin, Iowa .....in February (Mardi Gras)Czech Festival
- Yukon, Oklahoma .....in OctoberTabor Czech Days
- Tabor, South Dakota .....in June Houby Days
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa (Czech Village) ....in MaySugar Creek Slavic Festival
- Sugar Creek, Missouri (Kansas City area) ....in JuneCzech-Slovak Festival
- Phillips, Wisconsin ....in JuneCesky Den Festival
- Hillsboro, Wisconsin ....in June (also have something in October)
Wilson After Harvest Czech Festival
- Wilson, Kansas ...in July - Facebook
National Polka Festival
- Ennis, Texas ....in May - Facebook
- Texas Czech Heritage and Cultural Center - La Grange, TX ...in May & October - FacebookSpring Czech Festival
- St. Louis, Missouri ...in April DTJ
- Taborville, Ohio Czech Day ...in July & Harvest Festival ...in AugustSpring Festival
- Republic County Czechs, Cuba, Kansas ...in April
Czech Republic FestivalsCzech Republic Festivals
- List of major festivals in major cities & national holidays observed
Czech Culture and Tradition Kroje
- Traditional Czech, Moravian, Silesian, Rusyn, and Slovak folk-dress - for men & women. (Kroj) The Kroj
- A Connection to Czech Heritage - Czech Center Houston.Kroje Online
- A site made to help the traditional Czech and Slovak kroje live on.Czech Costumes
- Blog dedicated to the beautiful costumes of the Czech/Slovak people.Czech Kroj
- Focus on traditional folk costumes in the Chod region. Kroj Regions
- Kroje as found in Bohemia, Moravia, Slovakia - HD JPEG Map (enlarge for detail)Sokol -
Founded in 1862 in the Czech lands by Dr. Miroslav Tyrs - “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body” American Sokol
- Physical athletic training & provides cultural awareness & family oriented activities
Music & Musicians in Nebraska"Where is my home?"
- The Czech National Anthem with English lyrics“Going Home”
- Classic work of Antonin Dvorak (Symphony #9 - 1893) - Sung by Alex Boye Czech Music in Nebraska
- Historical account of Czech Music in Nebraska - Vladimir & DeLores Kucera Czech Moravian Folk Music
- Sample of Moravian traditional music or Moravian folk music Classic Praha
- Live Classical Music direct from Prague - click on the Listen Now button.Old World Czech Music
- Online Czech Republic radio station featuring brass-band & folk musicZenkl & Kozák
- There's more to Czech music than just the stereotypical; here's bluegrass & folk musicComenius the Hymn Writer
- Moravian Music and History Lecture
What is the most famous Czech polka? It is "Škoda lásky
" ("Beer Barrel Polka
") or ("Rosamunde
is the most known Czech song ever. Composed by Jaromír Vejvoda in 1925 as "Modřanská polka".
Czech Republic Travel & Tourism
- Video of village life in the Czech Republic...visit the countryside of Nový HrozenkovBeyond Prague
- Rick Steve's Europe Travel Guide - Rick's videos are wonderful & informativeColours of Ostrava
- Annual multi-genre music festival - Largest international music festival in Czechia KVIFF
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival - one of the world's oldest film festivals - Facebook
- Czech National Symphony Orchestra - International Music Festival Prague Proms FacebookCzech The World
- Czech Republic travel blog with helpful tips produced by Czech localsHoliday Info
- Winter Skiing information (a little summer too) FacebookPrague
- Discover the many wonders of Prague in so many ways - Information for travelersCost of a Trip to Prague
- Can you afford it? Sure you can...this recent video explains how
Language & Education & The Arts
: The Foreign Service Institute categorizes 'Czech' as a level IV language, which means it is a
very hard language that takes 44 weeks or 1,100 hours to learn at a basic conversational level. http://www.czechlanguagefoundation.org/
- The Czech Language Foundation Facebook
Recipes, Food & Drink
Czech Food: Is very hearty, filling, and comforting. This is heavy cold weather food you need.
This is food that wants to instantly lay down a layer of fat to keep you cozy throughout the
dark times of winter. Czech food wants to hug you, and it will. It will also notch your clothing
sizes up a few digits. But, it is worth the mountain of calories because Czech foods are delicious!
“Dobrou chuť” - Said before eating in The Czech Republic meaning, “good taste” or "enjoy your meal".
Eating Establishments & Food Suppliers: Please support these hometown Czech businesses!
- Food, spirits & bakery - Polka parties too! - located in Abie, Nebraska
Recipes: Here are just a few of the many Czech recipe websites & Facebook pages available!
- "Video Cookbook" - Daily Czech Cooking with Ivana MalatincováToprecepty
- Top Czech recipes w/photos & videos - huge list of recipes from CZ! Facebook
- Recipes from Czechia - you'll get hungry just by reading! Facebook
Czech Beers, Wine and Spirits
: The Czech Republic consumes the most beer per-capita than any other
country. As of late 2020, there are more than five hundred breweries in the Czech Republic.
Czech wines are world-class while Czech liqueurs are known the world over. – Na zdraví!A Few Thoughts About Beer
- See Rachel Taylor's Lincoln Czech Club presentation! - April 2021
- Original Czech Pilsner (1842) - brewed in Plzeň - the Czech Republic's favorite beer!
- World famous beer from Humpolec -the south-eastern part of historical region of BohemiaStaropramen
- World renowned Pilsner brewed in Prague - Taste the pleasure from Prague
R. Jelinek Slivovitz
– The Vizovice region produces great plum brandy & other fruit spirits! Facebook
- Czech domestic rum - distilled from potatoes or sugar beets - not sugar cane! Facebook
* When discussing beer with the locals in the Czech Republic, they say, "...it's all about the foam!" *