Dobrý den, rád vás vidím! Jsme Nebraska Češi z Lincolnu propagující naše hrdé české dědictví. Podívejte se prosím na naše webové stránky a užijte si vše, co musíme sdílet. Naše stránky pravidelně aktualizujeme. Navštivte nás prosím brzy znovu. Děkuju!
We are the Nebraska Czechs of Lincoln and are One of Twelve chapters that make up Nebraska Czechs Incorporated. For information on meetings, membership and other information about the club, please refer to the tabs on the upper left hand side of this page.
~ Current News and Upcoming Items of Interest ~
* A Legislative Bill was introduced this session that will provide for a Czech Heritage License Plate.
The hearing for bill, LB140, was held Monday (January 23) in front of the Transportation & Telecommunications Committee. Those, from our club, testifying in favor of the bill; Mila Saskova-Pierce, Layne Pierce and Linda Taborek. Several other folks testified in favor of the Bill. Four written support comments received. There was no testimony in opposition.
On February 24, LB140 had been placed on Select File. This is the 2nd round of debate on the Floor.
LB140, as with other Bills this session, remains in it's present status as a group of lawmakers filibuster and
continue to slow down this year's Legislative session. It would appear that we continue to wait patiently.
.....and we're waiting and waiting and waiting....someday something might happen....maybe.
We will continue to track progress and post the results here.....please check back for new updates.
* Nebraska's Honorary Consul, Mila Saskova-Pierce, leads the Czech Conversation Club. It is held on the
third Tuesday of each month on Zoom. Each meeting has a theme, and participants may practice their
Czech language skills around that month's topic. Those interested should contact Mila for more information.
* Our own Czech/American Reading Circle meets on Zoom the last Tuesday of each month except
December. The 2023 Circle schedule is now available. Please see our Reading Circle page for more.
* Please welcome our newest club members: Rick & Janet P. who joined in May. We're glad to have you!
* We are now on "summer break", so the next General Membership Meeting will be September 8, at Hy-Vee @
84th & Holdrege. Please see our Meetings page for further details.
* Monthly and Archived Newsletters - Nebraska Czechs of Lincoln having fun & creating history!
* New walking tour(s) in the Czech Republic produced by Perception Philosophy: Video1 / Video2 / Video3
* Donations are appreciated to help support our organization. Please see details by clicking below.
* The Czech Language Foundation received $975 in donations through the Give to Lincoln Day which was
held May 24th. Information may be found through the website at: https://www.givetolincoln.com/.
The Czech program at the University of Nebraska has been in existence for over 100 years. The Foundation
provides $300 scholarships to eligible students taking Czech language courses at UNL.
* Even though our Annual Czech Festival is over (we are one of the first of the season), many other Festivals will
be getting underway soon. Please take a look for an upcoming Czech-Slovak Festival near you...or plan a
road trip and attend a Festival further out in the state. Attend them all if you can! Each are unique and loads
of fun! (If you are looking for Festivals out-of-state, please see our Links Page for a list)
* Thank you to all who came out to our Nebraska Czechs of Lincoln Annual Czech Festival Sunday, May 7!
We're so happy you could join us!
A special thank you to all of our Sponsors, Contributors, Vendors, Exhibitors, Suppliers and especially our
Please hop over to our Festival Page
for pictures from this year's Festival.
See you all Next Year!!!
* Have a safe Memorial Day Weekend and please take a moment to honor those who are no longer with us. *
If you like what you see on our website or have comments/suggestions...please send us a message!